Thursday, June 10, 2010

My beautiful best friend...

This is a tribute to my wonderful, lovely best friend, Emily Hampton....Nowell. ;)
We have been friends for about 9 years, and lived together almost 5 years. Norfolk became my home, and Emily (Bia) became my family. We have so so soooooooo many memories together and have been through a lot, always there helping one another to grow, and mature and become the people that we are supposed to be.
Bia is a very special person. She has the patience and aptitude to work with kids like none other, not even just kids, disadvantaged, neglected, and even homeless kids. She will try anything, and accomplish whatever she wants, when she puts her mind to it. 2 weekends ago, I witnessed her become the happiest Bia ever. As you can see, shamelessly displayed on this face below....
She's found the love of her life, and you bet I could tell from the very beginning that he was very different and special to her. I don't think she was used to guys that were true to their word, consistent, and responsible. Being the nurturing person she is, I've seen her drawn to certain people who end up sucking the life out of her because they don't want her help to become better, more mature people, though she would try and try to no avail. That wasn't the case this time, and I was extremely glad of that. Josh is a very unique person. He's responsible, and creative, and extremely hard working. He can set his mind to something and make it happen, like teaching himself how to work on motorcyles by reading books and watching videos. Who does that??? haha, it's definitely admirable.
Anyway, they are so happy, and I am very happy for them. They have a mutual respect and understanding that is really hard to find. They are a perfect example to me that it doesn't matter where you are or what you do or who you know, it's how you live. And i think they're killin' it. Love you guys so much, you mean the world to me. Best of luck as "The Nowells" ;-)
<3

1 comment:

little bia said...

Dear Best Friend,

Last night as i laid in bed with my new Husband, he asked me randomly if i had seen your blog. I told him that i had not had a chance to in some time (since lurking in mexico for a few seconds) and he said that i really should. so i checked your blog and found this amazing post dedicated to me, our friendship, and my life with josh. I was in tears. You are such a precious and thoughtful person and i am SO blessed to have you in my life. My only question was, is this what you were planning to say at the wedding (altered a little)? If it was its amazing and truly moving, and if its not, its still amazing. maybe even more so because you took time out of your day to reflect on this amazing bond and lifetime friendship. you are my family, we are a family! i love you and miss you and cant wait to see you soon. i know that no matter what we will always have each other in our lives!!!

Love always,
Your Best Friend